Minulý čas prostý / Past Simple
- They played football yesterday.
- We bought a new phone at the weekend.
- I didn’t watch the film.
- What did she say?
- Události jedna po druhé
She went to the bedroom, turned on the computer and started playing games.
- Přerušení probíhajícího děje
She was having a shower when a phone rang.
Min. čas průběhový / Past Continuous
- She was cooking a dinner.
- They were playing basketball in PE.
- I wasn’t doing anything when he came.
- They weren’t listening to me.
- Why were you crying?
- Dva probíhající děje najednou
I was watching the film while my wife was cooking a dinner.
- Déle probíhající děj, který byl přerušen
I was walking down the street when I saw Peter.